Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jake's Surgery

After the Surgery (I know the pictures aren't in Chronological order...so sue me). You can tell Jake is a little drugged up.





No they didn't break his arms during the surger, those are stints that keep his arms straight so that he can't run his face.


Poor kid had an IV, heart and oxygen monitors hook up to his little feet. He was trying to take them out all of the time.
He had to stay overnight because he wasn't eating and he had a 103 fever. Jamie was such a trooper through the whole thing. After the surgery Jake just wanted her and no one else. Jamie stayed the night in the hospital with him. Needless to say she was exhausted. She took of him the whole night...oh, and I failed to mention that she is pregnant with our third child. My wife is the bomb!
Before the operation...



They had these cool little Hospital Gowns for kids.


Poor kid isn't at all aware of the pain that he will be in after the surgery.






11 comments:

Mom B said...

We love you all

Oh yes, congratulations. I was keeping my mouth shut but if you put it on the web, its fair game

Yeah!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is so sad!!!! There he is all happy thinking something cool is going to happen....

then.... bam. Nope.

J/k

LOVE YOU JAKEY!!! GET BETTER!

Emy said...

Hey you guys, you are so brave!!! I think that must have been SO hard on you both and Jamie, way to go! Congrats on #3 we are so happy for you! And you that that awful flu over Christmas......you guys are awesome. Kiss those boys for us. Love you.

Erin said...

What a strong little guy! And props to a pregnant mom for being in the hospital all night. Keep us updated on the recovery and pregnancy. Congrats!

rad6 said...

awww.. these are pictures that tug at any moms heartstrings. I am sure the emotion of it all is a bit that cannot be shared in the photos...
He is such a sweet little boy...
And fun news!!! YAHOO... congrats on number three!!!
We love your family...
Ruth

Jess said...

you're pregnant?! i'm so excited!!!!! yayy!! we have to keep the tradition up and i need to come stay with you when you have baby number 3 :)
poor jakey :( i hope he is feeling better. he is such a sweetheart

alison said...

what a darling boy! i'm so glad he is doing well and that you all have this surgery behind you! it sounds like it was a long night!

Congrats on number three!! We are so excited for you. You are the bomb Jamie:)

kaysi van dyke fox said...

jammmmmmmmmmieeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you are PREGGOOOOO!!! congrats!!!!! i am so excited for you! you are such a hot little mom!!!

Angela Bassett said...

Oh! You're right Matt. I got on and looked at the pictures and they made my heart ache. Poor mr. independent-did you have to buy some extra long bottles for him to hold? We're still praying for him. And Jamie. And Hayden. And You and the new baby. This time, I'll get to help-that part and the new baby part is happy.

Natalie said...

What a bunch of troopers! I know that I was a mess just bringing Seth in to get some cavities filled, so I can't even imagine how I'd be with surgery.

I hope he's healing well and CONGRATS on the new baby! I'm glad I'm not the only one having a baby this summer, but I don't know your due date! Mine's July 9th.

Pendant Lighting said...

Oh my goodness, He is so stikin cute.